You can try the game out in Java by visiting the following links (using the 5T setting, if applicable):
- (Written by Daniel Tomasiewicz): http://dtomasiewicz.com/morpion/
- More information about Morpion Solitaire: http://www.morpionsolitaire.com/
- Paper by Erik Demaine, Martin Demaine, Arthur Langerman and Stefan Langerman that proves in its most general form that the game is NP-hard and the highest score is inapproximable, unless P=NP: http://erikdemaine.org/papers/Morpion_FUN2004/paper.pdf
- Wikipedia entry on the game: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morpion_solitaire
- Note that if you can get MORE than 178 moves, then you will hold the new WORLD RECORD! (assuming the information on that website is accurate and up-to-date).